I am having a baby. Yeah! Well…the baby isn’t exactly here or in my belly yet…but I am sure he/she is waiting for me to get my ace together and figure out what the “hail” I am doing. I have been waffling back and forth of to have a baby, or to not have one. Yes I am only 24, but I feel like I have this small window left to continue expanding our family. I am in the process of finishing (slash) taking some post bachelor classes to actually apply to med school. So basically I have about a year and a half to 2 years before I am all done with all the chemistry classes. I would much rather have a baby now, then try and have it when I am in med school dealing with an even nuttier schedule.
I have no pressure from anyone to have a baby. Of course the hubby would like a couple more ( I max out at 4 kids altogether)..oh yeah..and my mom is ragging on me to pop a few more babies out.
Here are my reasons that 2 kids are better than 3:
1. So much easier to find a sitter for 2 kids, rather than 3
2. My hubby and I have been on 2 cruises and want to go on more, I am not even sure we could do that with 3 kids (who will watch the kids for a week or more?)
3. Kids are expensive….another one would surely put me in the poor house, right?
4. My kids are at the age where they sleep blissfully, I am afraid to give that up…I like my routine...and my sleep
5. Things work so good right now, I am afraid to throw the train off the tracks
6. Traveling by car and plane is much easier with 2 kids vs. 3 because DH and I can both take a child..with 3 kids, someone has to sit alone
7. I would have to buy a bigger vehicle, perhaps an suv ( Not so bad actually)
8. Medical insurance…fudge! It’s already expensive
9. My two kiddos are best friends..sure they have their “moments”
10. I don’t have to run into a bathroom in public and self express my milk because my boobs are super engorged (really, this is the best reason of them all)
Here are my reasons why baby #3 is good
1. We know our family is not “complete”
2. My daughter has been asking for a “sister” at every opportunity she gets to open her mouth
3. Because the more the merrier, right?
4. If I wait till I have finished med school…my kids will be so far apart in age!
5. Because babies make the world better
I know my reasons for holding off on baby #3 seem selfish…because mostly they are. One minute I am gung ho ready to try for a baby, then the next …I just have to get things “perfect” before tossing in another monkey into our mix.
Did/Do you have reason for holding off on your second or 3rd, or even 4th child? What finally made you bite the bullet and do it? Leave a comment and let me know.